Monday 25 February 2008

81 Hearts, One Family.

81 Hearts, One Family.

Finally I get the chance for this.

If you've been following my past few posts (and you should be doing so), you may notice that out of my pasts 6 posts, 4 were nobody-would-be-dumb-enough-to-follow list posts. Hey, this is stopping2think here! We've got reflective responsibilities! Thankfully, a perfect opportunity has come for me to be able to once again sit down in front of the computer screen, and type away as I try to recall those great memories left behind.

I've always wondered - Why did I join in the first place? It doesn't seem so long ago, when Madam Sau had this one extra form that nobody wanted, and exasperatingly thrust it to me, saying, "
哎呀,你拿去啦!" I wasn't all that brave to speak up yet (Refer to What's My problem? post if you don't understand), and decided to fill in the form to save myself some trouble.

My not-so-enriching prefectorial experience in primary school was probably the thing that got me through, and I went to the interview at the music room in tanjong rhu campus. It was quite intimidating at first, seeing the Principal, teachers and a few councillors all at once.

One of the questions that was really significant was asked by Ms Yeo, which went "Why do you want to be a student councillor?" That one had me panicky for a moment. For the first time in my life I was about to screw up an importantly big question for an interview. The Miss Universe model answers were definitely out for me - I have my own principles.

So I fell back on what I always did most - Honesty. 1K pupils would know how I hated concerts and events organised by the school. Actually, to be honest, I think we all did. That made me think hard - How can I be able to organise such major events, if I didn't even like that one bit?

I made it a point then, to be as active as possible if I was accepted, for myself to truly understand the staggering amount of effort and pure sweat that each person has to contribute for events to run smoothly.

So far, I have never regretted submitting that form to Madam Sau; I should actually thank her. School just holds so much more meaning as a councillor, not because my tie's too tight, but you feel so much more at home, with a family of 80 other hearts.

In all the events I've taken part in, I've seen how close people slowly get when we all work hard together, providing support to each other in harsh times of need, and to laugh and joke together about the simplest things. It's those times when I really feel privileged to be able to call myself a councillor.

There are truly too many things that the Student Council has done for me, and I can never find enough time to list all of them out. But I do know that I will do my best to repay these gifts that are far beyond any material worth.

By the way, didn't I just say" list"?


Thank you SC, for...

Teaching me how to talk

Teaching me how to smile

Teaching me how to see

Teaching me how to hear


Teaching me friendship

Teaching me love

Teaching me courage

Teaching me patience

Teaching me responsibility

Taking away my fear

Taking away the cynic in me

Taking away my troubles

Taking away my sadness

Giving me friends

Giving me life

Giving me tears

Giving me fun

Giving me support

Giving me reason

Giving me joy

Giving me fun

Giving me hope

Thank you,

For teaching me.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home