Saturday 22 December 2007

十二月•想

十二月•想

Christmas has always been a part of the year that I look forward too since I was young. It was one of the best days when you could just stay at home for a nice meal, have fun and relax, forgetting your worries for the past year. The carols and soft lights around christmas trees took little time to ease me into a festive mood.

Yet this year, I almost forgot about the yuletide season that I normally anticipate eagerly. The evils of school have dragged me into a pretty deep pit with no plug for the TV for me to see the Holiday Movie Specials. At first.

The past 2 weeks, my daylight hours were pretty much taken up completely by schoolwork, which consisted of Orientation, CCA, and a little, little bit of homework. It was only when the sun set when I went to my church for the only spark of Christmas that I could get.

Sure, the Monday-to-saturday night fever practises wore me out completely every single time. Yet it was surprisingly fun to do every single move, and add a little of your own style to each gesture and transition, knowing that every bit of extra effort contributes to the audience's enjoyment and mine at the same time.I never knew that dancing was my thing, but right now, I could probably keep it up forever.

Reached my church today in the afternoon and started the final rehearsal. Everyone was present, ready, all dressed up and raring to go. It went pretty smoothly, except when Sean/Yan Xiang couldn't "get through" to Lyn's/Qiu Ling's phone, which gave us a good laugh.

After a few hours of waiting, the guests started to arrive and we mingled around. The drinks were pretty great, and so was the atmosphere. It was great to see that so many people who weren't from our church turning up at such a special event. The numbers really took us by surprise (a whopping 100+), and it was no wonder the seats were too little for the audience.

The pre-musical video wasn't so smooth, but after a while it was showtime. Before the performance, during every single practise, we were told that the first song is meant to be enjoyed while we danced. And we did just that. I could feel the euphoria in the air, as we all executed each step with ease.

I felt a little sad when I left the stage for Sound, as it seemed like I was missing out on the fun from 精舞门, which is very very fun to dance to, but it was simply magical watching the rest of the show. We've already went through it so many times, but it felt like a whole new thing during the real performance.

I laughed when Yi Xiang used the lame excuse of his phone to get Kai Shi back. I smiled when she finally accepted to be his girlfriend. I almost cried when Yan Xiang and Qiu Ling broke up. I laughed again at Sherman's bread and kopi joke (even though it's very old after hearing it so many times). I sang along with the finale too.

So I thank the church for giving me my Christmas Spirit back. I thank God for showing me what a small church like ours can do when we work together in His name. I thank Gillian, Sara, Tong Wei, Jia Teck, Kiat Shing, Iris and last but not least Xingqi for coming to this musical (and for the gift too).

Merry Christmas from stopping2think guys. Don't eat hair! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home