Saturday 3 November 2007

A friend.

A friend.

I log on and load it

Scroll through the window

Looking for a nice server

Then another window pops up

A message

From a friend

He starts with two dots

I've known him for quite some time

And I know that's not normal

He's down

Very

I ask why

His grandmother

Is dying from liver cancer

She doesn't have much time

Her children are there

To see her

Talk to her

One last time

I've known him

For some time already

He's not one to be sad

Not this sad

Minutes pass

Without a message

I try to continue

He needs to talk

No

He needs someone to talk to

But it's not easy

People say I've got something

I think on the fly

Put ideas into words

Words into sentences

It fails me

I don't really know what to say

A few questions

To let him know I'm there

There and listening

He told me how he broke down

Talking to his grandmother

Who couldn't say a full sentence

And I feel sorry

Tell him to try to accept

What cannot be changed

But is just natural

Just a part of life

A pause

He suggests a game

To distract himself I figure

And oblige

I borrowed a friend's server

Kept it locked

We played 1 on 1

And I was winning

Not a by a little

I've known him for quite some time


And he's good

He was good

But not now

He's not concentrating

Not focussing

Just firing haphazardly

Hoping a few shots would hit me

My fps hits 100

Its one sided

As it should be

Except its towards my side of the river

I ask whether he's short on cash

Should I restart rounds

He declines

No need

So we continue

I suggest playing long range

His forte

My weak spot

Ask him to stay at Bombsite A

He asks in reply

Do you think I'm stupid?

A simple reply meets him

No

Nothing else

He starts to catch up

Bit by bit

I've known him for quite some time

The drive

The skill

The determination

I can see it returning

But not fully

Suddenly

A message

After long minutes

Sorry if I spoiled your mood

I smiled

Nope

Couldn't if you tried for years

But its not done

He's sticking to a carbine

I break the rules

I rush

Kill him easy

Next round

I stand at the corner

Hold my breath

I jump out

A loud bang

An awp bullet greets me

Straight in the head

I've known him for quite some time

And he's back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home