Saturday 18 August 2007

Tissue paper shortage.

Decided to blog about the handover party today rather than yesterday, since I got home pretty late.
Yesterday's party was, in a word, crazy. Arrived at hostel at around 3.30, and around half of the year 2s were there already. Spent the first few minutes blowing the balloons and teaching other SCs how to see Daniel's girlfriend's picture (Thank you Han Ping).
After practising, we still had over an hour left before the handover party really started, so we decided to add a second act for every... Damn. What's that word? Ok let's just use the word "group". So in the end, every group had two things to perform.
Have to say, considering the lameness of all the performances, I still liked ours the best. Scandalous.
The food was okay, but it was weird, seeing that most of it was made up of fried rice or mifen O_o. Can't complain, they weren't too bad. At least we didn't have to go hungry or anything.
The next part that came was the perfomances. Sadly, year 2s were up first. My part was kinda... retarded. I really really hope no one took videos and posted it on youtube. Its fun when it happens to Sean, but I don't really love it all that much if it happens on me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I liked the year 3 guitar performance. That and listening to the guitar club makes me want to learn classical guitar even more in EOY hols (which I probably am, by the way).
The mini speeches gave by some many people were very touching and inspiring too. Even Mr Sng turned up. They all were done pretty well, seeing that most of them came up with most of it just shortly before they came, or even only when they were told to go up to say a few words. I know how hard it is.
The most memorable part would probably be the photo presentations. I got to see what the SCs were like before I even came to Dunman High, and its amazing how many memories they already have. Makes me wish that I would have that many one day, or hopefully even more.
Tissue paper was in great demand from the start, with uses for the food dropped on the floor, distributing the cake, dabbing away tears and Cassandra's sweat.
All in all, the event really made me want to stay in DHSSC, hoping that one day, I'll perform a miracle or two and balance ARC, SC and my horrible academics as easily as spinning a book. Now THAT would be a true miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home