Monday 13 August 2007

Follow your dreams. And go back to sleep.

Ok, minor changes to the template, if you would look to your right. I've decided to use large font too since I thought that my words look kinda small here.

So, I haven't blogged in over a week, so after tons of fans appealing *coughnotcough*, I decided to blog today. Currently, I'm trying not to think about closing blogger dashboard to do portfolio. Kinda unlike me, but yeah, that's what I'm considering right now, since I have nothing to blog about.

Hmm, why not blog about the portfolio then? Let's see how entertaining a blogpost about homework can be.







*ahem*
This year's portfolio, honestly, has been a pleasure to do, though time consuming. You've all seen the past posts on my blog, but they're really just tiny fragments of my mind, which has quite a case of wanderlust this year.

Last year, I was pretty much happy-go-lucky and took things as they come. It was a pretty much simple for secondary school life, and I never stopped2think about significant events in my life.

Maybe that's why this year I feel so much more different. I take every chance of free time I get to reflect a little on the day past, and laugh at myself for the awkward moments, the stupid ideas I get, and all the jokes we made in class - be it nice or about Sean.

Sometimes I wonder how differently I would have lived my life if I could relive it. It's cliche, I know, but it really is a good question to think about, just for the fun of it. There're so many things I wished I'd started earlier, like matching in CS, learn guitar, practise photoshopping and the like.

I would also adopt this more reflective (emo, if you will) attitude and mindset towards life. Many little things happen to everybody, but only few who actually stopped to appreciate all these fragments of joy, of anger, of sadness, of life.

I'm almost glad they made this portfolio compulsory. It allowed me to sit down, get a cup of hot coffee, and sincerely think about what has happened to me the first half of the year. More importantly, I see how I dealt with them, and in a way I learn more about myself.

I've made mistakes, and other choices paid off. Still, falling is part and parcel of life. What really matters is how we pick ourselves up.

Off to complete my portfolio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home