Wednesday 23 January 2008

Vocabulary

Vocabulary

Gasp. Throughout all my posts so far, the language I've been using is near perfect english, and I try my best to not include any of the *ugh* emoticons into my posts, unless I'm feeling the monotony, or to make a effect (See post on how to relieve exam stress, sometime last year before EOYs, the first tip). I pride myself on being able to express my thoughts clearly, but the recent days with many, many friends have shown me many new interesting words and that there are many words that could have more than one meaning and then some.

Disclaimer: There is a very high chance that some of you will not understand the following words, but just have a look at it.

zOr: A word to express the slightest bit of surprise and awe at someone/something's ability e.g. "zOr" Yes, it's more suitable in one word.

Big big one: Although it can be taken literally, the lesser known meaning could be using it to replace the word "Jinx". Especially when you point at a friend's head while saying it e.g. "Big big one! (Point at friend's head frantically)"

差不多: According to CME teacher 许老师, the meaning of the word could mean describing a range around 20 years e.g. "我的分数和你的差不多,只少几十分而已."

Caffiene biscuit: The term for describing caffiene when it has hardened around the bottom of the evaporating dish e.g. "We were able to pick up the caffiene biscuit after Xue Xun broke the evaporating dish."

Abit: This word is meant to be taken sarcastically, emphasizing on a certain point e.g. "School is abit tiring. ABIT ONLY."

Muga no Kyouchi: Literally, "State of Self-Actualization". When someone attains this level of psychology, he is virtually unstoppable in anything he does e.g. "Han Ping is working hard to achieve Muga no Kyouchi."

Are/is: These two words are actually interchangable, and would thus create a unique effect in your sentence structure. More grammar mistakes are often found in the same sentence this structure is used. Why would anybody want to use it is still a mystery e.g. "I are speak no english."



By the way, feel free to request for any words that you want to add in here, whether I know it or not. There's a thing called "Blogger's impression".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home