Wednesday 24 June 2009

PARABLES GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL

PARABLES GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL

Before I start, I'll have to admit this - I wanted to do a post going along the lines of How-to-fake-your-own-H1N1-infection listpost, which is probably going to be the hot topic for conversation among slackers students and workers alike for the next few weeks. However, unforeseen circumstances kicked in, and I could not put off blogging about the most exciting thing that has happened to me this year - Church camp.

I've never had a more fulfilling camp. Not even Legendary Leaders Summit. Somehow, despite the many budget and logistical restraints we faced, it felt like the most satisfying, fun, memorable and best camp I've had in a long time. It's hard to explain, almost like something magical was at work - Something miraculous.

Despite all odds and diseases, the 4 Day 3 Night event was saturated with memories, teachings and fun. Amidst friends that I had since childhood (and maybe even when I was in diapers), even the simplest games crack us up and kept us awake long into the night. I'm only starting to appreciate the friendship that's been building for slowly in church.

Doing logistics has always been a challenge. Anyone from SC should know well that I'm not cut out for such a job - I've never been a pen and paper guy.  Thank God Mirabell was. With help from a few last minute chauffeurs, arrangements and ideas, we were able to keep the campers and committee well fed and happy (I hope). Doing logistics has always been a challenge -  But I thank the people that made this a great new experience.

I seldom get grouped with the crazily-high people in a camp, which is probably a good thing, as I highly doubt I'd have the energy to keep up. However, it's funny to notice how groups can quietly start to grow closer within a few days without any obvious sign or a complicated/loud/ridiculous cheer to declare such. Kiska taught me clearly how bonds can be forged subtly and strengthen invisibly, and are in no way inferior to bonds built upon numbers representing points or cheers representing camp themes or team names. My camp group this time had somewhat of a chance like that as well, and it's so great to find that feeling somewhere else again after Kiska had to split up.

Time goes by so quick its almost scary. That few days felt like it was stretched into an eternity, and step by step it felt like I was being watched over by somebody up there. How amazing was that feeling, how refreshing and rejuvenating that experience. 4 hours of sleep in the past 30 hours and I'm still yearning to serve so much more (Woohoo Saturday worship prac).

One thing is for sure though - I'm at an all new high as a Christian.



Ok I know - this isn't my usual tone or topic choice is it? Well live with it - listposts take an insane amount of thinking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home