Saturday 14 February 2009

10 Reasons Why I Couldn't Go Out on Valentine's Day

10 Reasons Why I Didn't Go Out on Valentine's

Roses are #FF0000,

violets are #0000FF,

all my base are belong to you!

When I went to Tampines to get my shooting suit from Grace earlier, I noticed something strange at the MRT, which took me awhile to place. Why is everyone in pairs like animals waiting to get on Noah's Ark? Oh right. It's Valentine's, I mentally slapped my own forehead. It was honestly quite an awkward moment with myself - The only reason that I'm out of my house on this day was to get a smelly, heavy piece of you-know-what.

But oh well, it's not like I have anyone to go out with for Valentine's anyway (Although many will try to argue this.). I've better things to do, like *sob* homework.

Yet I'm aware that there're a number of you out there who're in the same plight as me, and a tad more sensitive about it. Shocking isn't it? How someone can stay at home watching TV on the most romantic (And expensive) day on earth? Such a thing can never be known. But how can we cover up our abscence at parties and restaurants? Empty facebook albums will give us away Maybe it'll be safer if we try to provide reasons saying that we couldn't go. Wouldn't that be better than admitting to having no one to whisper sweet little nothings to? But even then, whatever shall we say?

Fear not, because as I have said just two days ago, stopping2think is baaaaack! Yes guys, that means that we have (Cue: Cheer) a listpost! Feel free to use any of these whenever someone asks why you didn't go out on Valentine's.

But do not email me when they don't work.

10 Reasons Why I Didn't Couldn't Go Out on Valentine's Day

1. Because every rose I buy is supporting globalisation

2. Because my friend lied to me and said The Little Nyonya was showing an alternative ending. Again.

3. Because she said that my hair not as spiky as before

4. Because that bloody hotel waiter with the kiam-pak face say I cannot chope my seat with tissue paper the last time I went there

5. Because my mother say cannot

6. Because I haven't finished my history essay

7. Because my eyeliner didn't match my shoes (Guys, please don't try this.)

8. Because I'm afraid she'll give me that look again when I introduce her to that famous lor mee stall in Bedok

9. Because my heart can't take the foie-gras as well as my girlfriend at the same time

10. Because the last time I went out for a Valentine's date my wallet had its own recession

Happy Valentine's!

For those who are looking for some friendship day-related content instead (Which I think is wayyy better than this post... I'm getting rusty at this): http://stopping2think.blogspot.com/2008/02/wheres-love.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home