Wednesday 11 February 2009

I'm baaaaack!

I'm baaaaack!

"We sat there all night long, statues of horror and grief...

We were all at our limits - frenzied into absolute stillness...

My face felt permanently set into the fixed mask it had wore all night.
I wasn't sure I had to ability to smile anymore."

It feels good to finally break the silence. 5 weeks without a post is 5 weeks too long, and yes, I should have shoes thrown at me for such a crime to make readers wait, but lately that punishment seems more like a recognition of power (Wen Jia Bao, George Bush? Hello? Have you even read Time Magazine before using it to fold paper bowls?)

But yes, as the title says, I am back. Depression isn't an easy wall to climb, but like Randy Pausch says, "The brick walls are there to show how much you really want something."

I want happiness.

I've been lacking a good dose of endorphins lately. I don't really know why it took me so long, but I didn't seem to be myself for the past few weeks. Oh sure, I had ample reason to back up my the disappearance on this blog, but my dear crazy fans (Yes, stop laughing. I have fans.) would never accept any of it.

It was kind of like in some kind of coma, or maybe a headache. Except more painful, more annoying, more distracting and lasts way longer. And with my luck at that time any aspirin that I took would've probably been saturated in melamine.

But I promise you this - stopping2think is back. That means listposts. Weird reflections. Subjectively funny comments. The occasional pop reference. And all the optimism I used to have. Despite the flood of homework, the pressure of school, the stern eye of parents, the tiredness of going all the way to Bukit Gombak 3 times a week and back, stopping2think is back.

See you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home